Wednesday, March 4, 2009

15 chocolate chips?

I always wonder why people name things the things they're named. And I know 12 blueberries seems a little "out there". So, I'm offering an explanation. First though, you need to know something about me. I'm a Gilmore Girls fan. There. I said it. It's really nothing to be that ashamed about. Right? Right?! But, that's where my 12 blueberries come from. Michele can not eat a blueberry pancake with more than 12 blueberries in it. Period. And Sookie won't let him count. Beyond being a Gilmore Girls fan, I love to be in the kitchen. Cooking, baking, whatever. Even if it's re-organizing the cabinets, that's where I'm happiest. When I first moved out of my parents house though, I had no idea what I was doing. If a recipe called for, say, 12 blueberries, I counted those blueberries, usually twice. I've since loosened up, and have stopped counting and starting doing what feels right. Twelve? Fifteen? Twenty-five? Sure, why not! And really, why not use chocolate chips if you've got them.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! This is so exciting- and yes, yes, yes chocolate chips make everything better. Except salsa... well, unless it's fruit salsa maybe. Speaking of that, maybe you should post your recipe for fruit salsa- it would make the internet a better place!

    ReplyDelete